Senate Bill: Fall 2017 – #10
Title of Bill: Allocation of Funds to Young Americans for Freedom
Sponsor(s): Senator McNichol
Be it resolved by the Franciscan University Student Government (SG) that:
$200 be allocated to the Young Americans for Freedom (YAF) club for their documentary screening on September 11, 2017.
- YAF commemorates the anniversary of 9/11 every year with a flag memorial and other forms of remembrance called the Never Forget Project.
- The project is becoming more important every year because many current students were small children on September 11, 2001, and do not remember it.
- YAF plans to screen a film about the attacks on the evening of the anniversary. The exact film that will be shown is to be determined, pending approval from the film’s distributors for public use.
- The money will be used to pay for pizza, beverages, and related supplies.
- The event is free and open to all students and will be held in the Pugliese Auditorium at 9:00 PM. Approximately 50-100 students are expected to attend.
- The event will be advertised on flyers and social media.