Senate Bill: Spring 2018 – #45
Title of Bill: Allocation of Funds to Grad Week
Sponsor(s): Senators Starcher, Cortese, Surovec, Bouchard, & Williams
Be it resolved by the Franciscan University Student Government (SG) that:
$3,000 be allocated to Grad Week.
- The total cost of Grad week exceeds the funds that were awarded in the budget.
- $12,000 was originally requested but only $7,000 was awarded, and this allocation will increase the total allocation to $10,000.
- These events run from May 7 to May 12.
- Two (2) of these events will be on campus and three (3) will be off campus.
- Approximately 1,500 students will benefit from these events in total, with each event’s participation ranging from 300 – 900.
- The Grad Week events will be advertised with fliers on the kiosks and bulletin boards, through the student life bulletin and through Facebook.
- Even though the events will be geared towards Seniors, all students will be able to participate in these events.