Senate Bill: Fall 2017 #23
Title of Bill: Allocation to Reimburse Samantha Martinez for The Network Conference
Sponsor(s): Senator Bagley
Be it resolved by the Franciscan University Student Government (SG) that:
$367.92 be allocated to reimburse Samantha Martinez for airline tickets to be used for The Network Conference on October 27-29 in Dallas, TX.
- Ave Maria University’s Student Government created The Network as a means for student governments across the nation to come together and share in ideas to better each individual’s university.
- It was started in 2016 and FUSG turned down the invitation at that time. This past summer, Vice President Gessler reached out to Ave to change that decision.
- The Network is limited to schools on the Newman List, and currently includes Ave Maria, University of Dallas, Benedictine College, University of Mary, Wyoming Catholic, and now Franciscan University.
- The University of Dallas is hosting the conference this year. They have generously offered room and board with host students free of charge. All conference attendees are responsible for is getting there.
- The tickets were bought before a bill was presented to lock in ever-changing airline prices. These flights were chosen after hours of searching the web to find the most cost-effective flights.
- As The Network grows, we hope more FUSG members would be able to attend future conferences. Hopefully in the future, Franciscan University could host one as well.