Senate Bill: Fall 2017 #26
Title of Bill: Reallocation of Funds to Outdoors Club for October 15th Laurel Caverns Trip
Sponsor(s): Senator Pinto
Be it resolved by the Franciscan University Student Government (SG) that:
$750 be reallocated to The Outdoors Club for their Trip to Laurel Caverns to go spelunking on October 15th, 2017 from their planned Mountain Biking Trip which will no longer take place this semester.
- Outdoors club has held fundraising events already this semester and plans to fundraise more throughout the semester.
- The total cost of the activity is $25 per person and students are expected to pay $10 on their own in order to partake in the activity.
- This is a reallocation of funds and will not cost FUSG any extra money.
- This event will take place all day on October 15th, 2017 in Farmington, PA.
- This activity is expected to reach 50 students and will be advertised through social media and posters around campus.
- The Outdoors Club reaches 300-400 students each semester and is one of the most active clubs on campus.
- This is a good opportunity for students to experience new outdoor activities that they would otherwise be unable to afford or have access to.