Senate Bill: Fall 2017 #27
Title of Bill: Reallocation of Funds for Outdoors Club Ziplining Trip taking place on October 29th, 2017
Sponsor(s): Senator Pinto
Be it resolved by the Franciscan University Student Government (SG) that:
$350 be reallocated to the Outdoors Club for their Zip Lining trip taking place on October 29th from their planned paint balling and mountain biking trips which are no longer taking place.
- Outdoors club has held fundraising events already this semester and plans to fundraise more throughout the semester.
- The Outdoors Club has already negotiated a special fee of $20 per person when the group rate usually runs $30 per person.
- This is a reallocation of funds from trips that are no longer taking place, and will not cost FUSG any extra money.
- Students are being asked to contribute $15 of their own money to attend this trip.
- This event will be taking place in the afternoon on October 29th at Adventure Creek in St. Clairsville, Ohio.
- This activity is expected to reach 35 students and will be advertised through social media and posters around campus.
- The Outdoors Club reaches 300-400 students each semester and is one of the most active clubs on campus.
- This is a good opportunity for students to experience new outdoor activities that they would otherwise be unable to afford or have access to.