Senate Bill: Fall 2017 #34
Title of Bill: Allocation of Funds to Mike Hass and Dom Salamida for Center for Leadership Capstone Project
Sponsor(s): Senator Cortese
Be it resolved by the Franciscan University Student Government (SG) that:
$250 be allocated to Mike Hass and Dom Salamida for their sponsoring of Tim Glemkowski’s talk “Life after Franciscan: How to Live Radically in an Increasingly Secularized World” on Tuesday October, 24th.
- Mike and Dom, the coordinators of this event, have not made any fundraising attempts yet, but have tried to reach out to the Office of Evangelization and Men’s ministry for monetary funding but after many attempts were denied funding.
- The total cost of this talk is $500 and the other $250 will be out of pocket money until sufficient fundraising is done by the coordinators to reimburse their expenses.
- This event is a public talk for all students taking place on Tuesday October, 24th at 9 PM in the Gentile Gallery.
- Between 50-100 students are expected to attend this event.
- This event will be advertised via social media as well as through fliers around campus.
- The talk will be presented by Tim Glemkowski, a Franciscan University alumni who is the Founder and Current President of L’Alto Catholic Institute, a not-for-profit apostolate dedicated to creating a culture of missionary discipleship in the Church.
- This will be an enlightening talk that is designed to give students a better understanding of how to be a witness to the faith in the secular world and gain insight on how to utilize the moral, spiritual , and religious values instilled in students during their time at Franciscan in the real world.
- This talk is designed to enable more people to be familiarized with the office of evangelization and their mission.